Monday, December 5, 2011

Lucy's Whey: Cabot Clothbound Cheddar

I went to Lucy's Whey a couple days ago to try to find that black wax covered hard cheese that I liked so much from the summer. Sadly, the shopgirl had no idea what I was talking about, so I supposed it was some kind of seasonal cheese. I really hope I can eventually hunt it down.

Anyway, I asked for a recommendation of the most aged and hard cheese they had, and ended up coming away with some Cabot Clothbound Cheddar. Apparently this is one of their most popular cheeses, beloved by both cheese connoisseurs and newbies.



Cost: $20/lb.
Official description: Made from the pasteurized milk of one herd of cows, wrapped in cloth to create complexity, and aged for 10-14 months in the Cellars at Jasper Hill. An approachable and balanced cheddar that is sweet, savory, tangy, and grassy. Do be careful: this cheese is known to be very addictive.
Did I like this: Yes.

Just a solid cheddar, as they said, good for both newbies and connoisseurs.

No comments:

Post a Comment