Saturday, December 3, 2011

Midnight Moon

I tried this cheese after coming across a few favorable reviews of it online.


Cost: $26.99/lb.
Official description: Sharp, Crumbly, Clean. Hard-ripened goat cheese from Holland.
Did I like this: Yes!!

This is a new favorite cheese. Slightly tart like goat cheese tends to be, but more of the texture you'd usually expect from a cheddar. The rind has white wax around it that flakes off and I accidentally ate a bit of it thinking it was cheese but other than that I love this cheese.

I bought some more of the 3yr aged Comte (Trois Comtois) and still love its complexity and crystals from aging, but it's definitely more of a slightly weird cheese (slight bitterness in the taste?) than this one. This one probably has wider appeal.

[update] Found out yesterday (3/4) that Whole Foods sells Midnight Moon too! For slightly cheaper price too, $24.99/lb. Not enough to go out of my way to get it at Whole Foods instead, but good to keep in mind I figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment