Sunday, April 22, 2012

Abbaye de Belloc

I got this at the recommendation of a lady who was doing tastings for Fromager d'Affinois at the Cheese Store (a soft Brie-like cheese, I think I liked it but wanted to get hard cheeses) but saw me get Midnight Moon and mentioned that it was one her favorites too. Then as I was writing up this post, I realized I'd had it before at the cheese tasting class I went to. Fortunately I'm fairly consistent in my tastes.



Cost: $24.99
Official description: Sheep, hard-ripened, Pyrenees, France. (previous post had the additional description: "Hearty, Robust, Caramel. There are 3 capital regions of sheep milk cheese: La Mancha, Spain (Manchego), Tuscany, Italy (Pecorino Toscano), and the French Pyrenees. The milk of this region results in a caramellish finish in the cheese.")
Did I like this: Yes.

Milky and salty though overall fairly mild, relatively soft in texture. Previously I also noted that it had a nutty finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment